Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Serve these hearty mushroom-filled quesadillas with a prepared black bean–and-corn salsa on the side.
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cumin, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until mushrooms have released their juices. Uncover, and cook 3 to 5 minutes more, or until mushroom juices have evaporated. Remove pan from heat, and stir in cream cheese and Cheddar.
2. Spread 1/2 cup of mushroom mixture over one half of each tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch border around outer edges. Fold over tortillas to enclose filling and form half-moon shapes.
3. Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Cook quesadillas 2 to 3 minutes each, turning once, or until both sides are light brown and filling is hot and melted.
- Calories 346
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 28 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 609 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g