Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These gnocchi (Italian potato dumplings) are crisped in the pan directly from the freezer, completely eliminating the need to boil them first. The result is a consistency that’s something between pasta and a pan-fried dumpling. For a little extra crunch and protein, add a handful of toasted nuts to the dish.
1. Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning often, until browned. Transfer to large bowl.
2. Pour 1 tsp. oil into pan, and add mushrooms. Cook 7 minutes, or until mushroom liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and transfer to same bowl as gnocchi.
3. Pour remaining oil into pan, and add Brussels sprouts. Sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until sprouts are crisp-tender. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Return mushrooms and gnocchi to pan, and sauté 2 minutes, or until warmed through. Serve garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
- Calories 239
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 470 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g