Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This dish takes its inspiration from Julia Child’s recipe for baked cucumbers in Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Cook 3 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
2. Toss cucumbers in 13- x 9-inch baking dish with 1 Tbs. brown butter, salt, and sugar. Bake 25 minutes.
3. Remove dish from oven, and preheat broiler. Add chives, tarragon, dill, and lemon zest to cucumbers, and toss to coat. Season with pepper, if desired.
4. Stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and remaining 1 Tbs. brown butter in bowl. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over cucumbers. Broil 2 minutes, or until crumbs are golden brown.
- Calories 85
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 355 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g