Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
2. Add fennel, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Stir in sausages and fennel seeds, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until fennel seeds are slightly softened and bits of sausage are stuck to bottom of pan.
4. Add vermouth, and cook 5 to 10 seconds to deglaze pan, scraping up any brown bits.
5. Add broth, tomatoes, and parsley; cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories 163
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 380 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g