Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1. Spread 1/2 cup ice cream into 4 oval crème brûlée ramekins. Freeze until firm.
2. Meanwhile, combine sugar and 1/3 cup water in saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to make sure sugar dissolves. Using pastry brush dipped in water, wipe down inner sides of saucepan to dissolve any sugar crystals that cling. Cook mixture about 10 minutes, or until it begins to caramelize (swirl pot to brown evenly).
3. Cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or until caramel is medium-brown. Remove from heat, and stir in 2 Tbs. water. Let cool 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in evaporated milk. Cool completely.
4. Spread thin layer of cooled caramel over ice cream in ramekins. Return to freezer until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh berries or mint sprig, if desired.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 70 mg
- Sugar Content 46 g