Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Chef Nicole Palitti tucks these burgers inside pitas with feta and tomatoes.
1. To make Burgers: Cook lentils according to package directions. Drain.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and sauté 7 minutes. Stir in garlic.
3. Blend chickpeas, parsley, olives, eggs, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in food processor 2 minutes, or until smooth. Stir chickpea mixture, breadcrumbs, carrots, and baking powder into lentils. Shape into 8 patties. Layer patties between plastic wrap, and freeze.
4. To make Tzatziki Sauce: Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
5. Preheat grill to high. Brush frozen patties with oil, and cook 6 minutes on each side. Serve Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce.
- Calories 262
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 10.5 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 656 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g