Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Unlike most lettuces, firm hearts of romaine stand up beautifully to the heat of the grill as they develop smoky flavor. This is a knife-and-fork sandwich.
1. Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Whisk together yogurt, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, mayonnaise, 1 tsp. mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in bowl. Stir in 3 Tbs. Parmesan; season with pepper.
3. Whisk together olive oil, remaining 1 Tbs. lemon juice, and remaining 2 tsp. mustard in separate bowl. Brush oil mixture over romaine halves. Grill 6 minutes, turning once, or until brown around edges. Transfer to platter.
4. Grill bread 1 minute on each side. Rub garlic halves over toast slices. Spread yogurt mixture on toast slices, and top with grilled romaine halves. Shave Parmesan curls over top.
- Calories 208
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 487 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g