Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- Place apricots on double layer of paper towels. Top with double layer of paper towels, and press to remove moisture. Set aside. Line rimmed baking sheet with silicone baking mat or wax paper, and have large spatula ready.
- Heat 2/3 lb. chocolate in double boiler or heat-proof bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water until chocolate has melted and is no warmer than 105°–110°F (41°–43°C). (Check with candy thermometer.) Remove top of double boiler from heat.
- Stir remaining 1/3 lb. chocolate into melted chocolate, and continue stirring until chocolate cools to 88°–90°F (31°–32°C).
- Spread melted chocolate in 1/4-inch layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and apricots. Cool until firm and shiny. Break into pieces.
- Serving Size 1 piece
- Calories 176
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 1 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 6 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g