Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Whipped egg whites keep these lemony pancakes light. Serve with fresh berries and honey or maple syrup.
1. Whisk together ricotta, egg yolks, sugar, and lemon zest in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, potato starch, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl. Sprinkle flour mixture over egg mixture, and fold in with spatula.
3. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric mixer 5 minutes, or until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter.
4. Heat 1 Tbs. butter in large skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake into pan. Cook 3 minutes, or until bubbles begin to form and pop on top. Flip, and cook 1 minute more. Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
- Calories 218
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 159 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 483 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g