Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This streusel-topped treat tastes so rich, no one will guess it’s chock-full of good-for-you ingredients such as oats and whole-wheat pastry flour.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
1. To make Coffee Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 10-inch square pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in large bowl. Beat butter and sugar in separate bowl until fluffy. Mix eggs and pumpkin into butter mixture. Gradually stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture. Spread in pan.
3. To make Streusel Topping: Mix all ingredients together until crumbly. Spread on coffee cake. Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool at least 10 minutes, then slice into squares, and serve.
- Calories 404
- Carbohydrate Content 64 g
- Cholesterol Content 86 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 306 mg
- Sugar Content 33 g