Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This exotically flavored stew can be stretched to feed a crowd when ladled over rice or potatoes.
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 3 minutes, or until softened and translucent. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until garlic is softened, but not browned, stirring constantly.
2. Stir in tomatoes, soup, chickpeas, raisins, cinnamon, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Bring stew to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes, or until mixture is reduced and sauce has thickened, stirring often from bottom to prevent sticking. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. yogurt, if using.
- Calories 263
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 642 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g