Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
To accent this hearty brunch or lunch dish, season this frittata with plenty of freshly ground black pepper. To kick up the heat, select an assortment of peppers ranging from mild to hot. Offer a sweet pastry such as banana bread, and conclude the meal with a bowl filled with apples and clementines.
1. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, and sauté until they begin to brown, for about 10 minutes. Add the peppers, onion and garlic, and sauté for about 7 minutes more, or until the peppers wilt and the onion softens.
2. Add the spinach, reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the spinach wilts.
3. Beat the eggs well, seasoning with salt and pepper. Stir in shredded cheese.
4. Preheat the broiler.
5. Uncover the skillet, and stir potato mixture. Pour in the eggs, increase the heat to medium-high, tilt the pan and lift the mixture to allow uncooked eggs to run underneath. Stir, and continue cooking for about 5 minutes more.
6. Broil the frittata for about 1 minute, or until the top browns. Garnish with pepper slices, if desired, and serve at once.
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 170 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 160 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g