Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
In this twist on the Kentucky classic, sage stands in for mint, and Meyer lemons are added for a unique winter cocktail.
1. Chill 6 tumblers in freezer.
2. Make each drink individually by placing 10 sage leaf halves, 2 lemon quarters, and 1 Tbs. brown sugar in shaker. Mash together with muddler or back of spoon 30 seconds, or until aromatic.
3. Add 4 ice cubes, and top with 2 oz. bourbon and 1 oz. seltzer. Shake well.
4. Fill chilled tumbler with crushed ice. Strain julep mixture from shaker over ice, and garnish with Meyer lemon slice and sage leaf.
- Calories 186
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 5 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g