Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Buckwheat groats coated with garlic-infused olive oil, salt, and nutritional yeast make for a Parmesan-like topping.
1. Place buckwheat groats in medium bowl, and cover with 3 inches cold water. Soak 12 hours. Drain.
2. Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat oil and garlic in saucepan over low heat until hot. Toss buckwheat groats with garlic oil in bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup nutritional yeast and salt.
3. Spread buckwheat groats in even layer on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tbs. yeast. Bake 30 minutes, or until completely dry and crunchy. Cool, and store in airtight container.
- Calories 83
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 584 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g