Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
If you can’t find fresh basil for this recipe, substitute 3/4 cup prepared pesto.
1. Set oven rack in lowest position, and preheat oven to 350F. Coat 6 6-oz. ramekins with cooking spray, and place on small baking sheet. Spoon 1 1/2 Tbs. tomato sauce into each ramekin. Bake 10 minutes, or until sauce is hot.
2. Combine ricotta, basil, Parmesan and pepper in colander to drain excess liquid. Divide cheese mixture into 6 2-inch round disks.
3. Remove ramekins from oven, and place one ricotta disk in each. Crack 1 egg into each ramekin. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until whites are just set and yolks thicken but are still creamy.
4. Heat remaining tomato sauce in microwave. Spoon 1 Tbs. over each egg. Season with pepper, and garnish with basil sprigs.
- Calories 137
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 223 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 348 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g