Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Spinach? In a smoothie? It makes sense when you know the dark, leafy green is an excellent source of vitamins, fiber, and iron.
1. Fill bowl with ice water. Set aside.
2. Cook spinach in large pot of boiling salted water 2 to 3 minutes, or until just wilted. Transfer to ice water. Wring excess water from spinach with hands.
3. Purée spinach and apple juice in blender until smooth. Add apple, yogurt, parsley, and salt, and purée until smooth.
- Calories 86
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 459 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g