Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
30 minutes or fewer
Most people think of Chinese food when they hear egg drop soup, but this version comes from Italy. Stracciatella means little shreds and refers to the strands of cooked egg that form when the soup is swirled.
1. Bring vegetable broth and 1 1/2 cups water to a simmer in medium-size pot over high heat. Add pasta, and cook 11 minutes, or until tender.
2. Stir in spinach, and simmer 1 minute, or until wilted.
3. Whisk eggs with Parmesan in small bowl. Remove from heat. Swirl soup in pot, and pour egg mixture in slow stream to create strands. Let sit 1 minute. Stir soup with fork to break up egg strands. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
- Calories 106
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 108 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 540 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g