Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A bamboo sushi mat (found in Asian markets and cookware stores) or plastic wrap can be used to make these rolls.
1. To make Ginger-Soy Dipping Sauce: Combine all ingredients in small bowl.
2. Cook asparagus in pot of boiling salted water 3 minutes. Drain.
3. Stir together vinegar, sugar, and salt in bowl. Add to rice, and mix well.
4. To assemble Sushi Rolls: Place one nori sheet shiny side down on bamboo mat or sheet of plastic wrap. Spread with ½ cup rice, leaving ½-inch border along edges. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. sesame seeds. Place 2 asparagus just below center, top with tofu and 2 Tbs. carrots. Pull border of nori over rice, using mat as aid, and roll into tight cylinder. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Chill up to 3 hours. Slice rolls into 6 to 7 pieces with sharp knife. Serve with Ginger-Soy Dipping Sauce.
- Calories 77
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 219 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g