Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Lightly seasoned wild rice is topped with chilled creamed corn (yes, really), grated carrots, and cranberry sauce for these layered appetizers, called verrines. They can be partially assembled in small glasses a day in advance, then stored, covered, in the fridge. Add the cranberry sauce and parsley at the last minute to keep the sauce from bleeding into the layers below.
1. To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Whisk in oils.
2. To assemble Verrines: Stir cooked wild rice and green parts of green onions into Vinaigrette. Spoon 1/4 cup wild rice mixture into bottoms of 8 tall verrine glasses.
3. Blend white parts of green onions, corn, and cream cheese in food processor until combined. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spoon 1/4 cup corn mixture over wild rice mixture in each glass; smooth tops with spoon, and wipe any traces from glasses with paper towel. Top each Verrine with 1/4 cup carrots, and chill until ready to serve. Shortly before serving, top each Verrine with 2 tsp. cranberry sauce and garnish with parsley.
- Calories 160
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 225 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g