Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
These raw treats owe their gentle sweetness and rich flavor to dates.
1. Place dates in small bowl, and cover with 3/4 cup boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
2. Process almonds, carob powder, and 1 cup coconut in food processor until finely chopped. Add drained dates and vanilla. Process until dates are chopped and mixture clumps together.
3. Roll mixture into tablespoon-size balls. Spread remaining 1/3 cup coconut on plate. Wet hands with cool water, then roll balls between damp palms before rolling in coconut. Store in airtight container.
- Calories 165
- Carbohydrate Content 14 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g