Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A can of split pea soup is the secret binding ingredient that also gives these patties a protein boost.
To make Cakes:
1. Whisk together soup and eggs in bowl. Stir in cornmeal, then sugar snap peas, carrots, corn, green onions, oil, tamari, and ginger. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
To make Salad:
1. Toss together all ingredients in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
2. Heat nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Scoop pea mixture onto skillet in 1/4-cup dollops, and cook 5 minutes, or until golden on one side. Flip, and cook 5 minutes more. Transfer to plate, and repeat with remaining pea mixture until you have 12 Cakes.
3. To serve: Divide Salad among plates. Top each serving with 2 Cakes. Serve with Asian dressing and Sriracha, if using.
- Calories 190
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 71 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 448 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g