Smoked sun-dried tomatoes give this sandwich a meaty taste and texture.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 avocados, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup julienned, smoked sun-dried tomatoes (1 oz.)
- 2 Tbs. diced red onion
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 4 4-oz. ciabatta rolls, split in half
1. Layer avocado slices, tomatoes, onion, and ½ cup spinach on each roll. Spray panini with cooking spray.
2. Coat skillet or grill pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Place panini in pan; weight with smaller-diameter saucepan weighted with 1 or 2 cans. Cook 2 minutes, remove weight, flip panini, replace weight, and cook 1½ to 2 minutes more. (Or cook 4 minutes in panini maker.)
- Serving Size 1 panini
- Calories 390
- Carbohydrate Content 65 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 528 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g