Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Polenta takes time on the stove top, but as it cooks, you can slow-sauté and caramelize the accompanying veggies.
1. Combine orange juice and vinegar in small bowl, and set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add beans, mushrooms, shallots, and 3-inch rosemary sprigs. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 30 minutes, or until vegetables are browned. Remove from heat, add orange juice mixture, and scrape browned bits off bottom of pan. Remove rosemary sprigs, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Keep warm.
3. Bring milk, salt, and 31/2 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Whisk in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes, or until smooth, stirring often. Stir in 2 Tbs. Parmesan (if using). Serve vegetables over polenta garnished with small rosemary sprigs and sprinkled with remaining Parmesan (if using).
- Calories 322
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 7 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 853 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g