Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Grilling tomatoes intensifies their flavor and takes a traditional Italian starter to the next level.
1. Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Brush tomato slices with garlic oil, season with salt and pepper (if desired), and place on grill. Cook 8 minutes, turning once, or until tomato slices are juicy and grill-marked.
3. Arrange tomato and mozzarella in alternating pattern on serving plate. Drizzle with 2 tsp. garlic oil, and top with basil leaves.
- Calories 242
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 45 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 66 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g