Grilled Vegetable Wrap
When you roast asparagus, bell pepper, and squash for this recipe, you’ll be making extra veggies and squash that can be added to salads, pasta, or rice dishes later in the week.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Tip: This wrap can be made gluten-free by swapping out the tortillas for a gluten-free wrap.
- 12 thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips (1 cup)
- 1 small yellow summer squash or zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (1 cup)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 1 small clove garlic, minced (1/2 tsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. red chile sauce, such as sriracha
- 2 8-inch whole-grain tortillas
- 6 small whole basil leaves
- 8 thin slices red onion
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
1. Preheat grill or broiler. Toss together asparagus, bell pepper, squash, and oil on large baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Grill or broil vegetables 4 to 6 minutes per side, turning once.
2. Mash together beans, garlic, and chile sauce in small bowl until smooth.
3. Spread half of bean mixture over each tortilla. Top each with 3 basil leaves, 1/2 cup roasted vegetables, 4 onion slices, and 1/2 cup arugula. Fold bottom third of tortillas over vegetables, and roll up tightly, tucking in sides as you go. Cut wraps in half on diagonal. Serve immediately, or wrap each half in foil or wax paper, and chill until ready to eat.
- Serving Size 1 wrap
- Calories 228
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 419 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g