Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Small butter lettuce leaves are used as edible mini serving bowls for a delicate salad of spring peas and fresh herbs. Recipe from Gisele Perez, Small Pleasures Catering, Los Angeles.
1. To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients except oil in medium bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
2. To make Lettuce Cups: Preheat oven to 325°F. Spread almonds on baking sheet and toast 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
3. Toss peas, dill, and toasted almonds with 9 Tbs. vinaigrette in small bowl.
4. Place large spoonful of pea salad in center of each butter lettuce leaf or “cup.” Drizzle each cup with 1 tsp. vinaigrette. Set on serving tray and serve immediately, or cover with damp paper towels until ready to serve.
- Calories 69
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 29 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g