Instant Pot Chili Mac
Vegetarian chili mac is classic comfort food that's made in the Instant Pot in less than 30 minutes. It's so flavorful that even the pickiest non-vegetarian will love it.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. chickpea shell pasta (such as Banza)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: cilantro, avocado, jalapeño, sour cream, lime, cheese, tortilla chips
- Turn on the normal sauté button of the instant pot. When the display screen says hot, add oil, garlic, onions, bell pepper, and corn. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add smoked paprika, chili powder and cumin and mix well.
- Add vegetable broth, pasta, and black beans. Do not stir but press slightly so that pasta is under the liquid.
- Now add tomato sauce but don’t stir. Lock the lid into place. Press the manual/pressure cook button and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes, with the pressure valve in the sealing position.
- Once cooking time is done, carefully quickly release all the pressure. Top taco pasta with cilantro, avocado, sour cream and serve with tortilla chips.