Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Sweet, smoky roasted red bell peppers pair with Spain’s revered manchego cheese for a sublime tapas dish. If you can’t find manchego, substitute thin slices of pecorino Romano.
1. Preheat broiler. Place bell peppers on baking sheet; broil 20 minutes, or until blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Transfer to bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let steam 15 minutes. Remove stem, core, skin, and seeds. Cut into 12 strips.
2. Arrange cheese in round dish. Place 1 bell pepper strip atop each cheese slice.
3. Whisk together oil, garlic, and cumin seeds in small bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spoon oil over and around cheese. Cover, and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Calories 98
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 95 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g