Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
This quince topping is also a basic way to prepare the fruit for other desserts.
1. To make Topping: Combine sugar, ginger, lemon juice, and 1½ cups water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, and add quinces. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 to 15 minutes, or until quinces are tender. Remove ginger, and let stand, covered, at least 10 minutes.
2. To make Pancakes: Whisk together yogurt, orange juice, eggs, sugar, butter, and zest in bowl. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in bowl. Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture.
3. Coat skillet with nonstick spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Ladle batter into 4-inch pancakes. Cook 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
4. Top pancakes with quince slices, and drizzle with syrup. Transfer remaining syrup to pitcher, and serve with pancakes.
- Calories 194
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 317 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g