Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Just like its pasta namesake, Paella Primavera lends itself to endless variation. You can substitute zucchini for broccoli in the summer; in the fall, replace half the broccoli with cubed butternut squash.
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and green onions; cook 5 minutes. Stir in broth, garlic, and saffron; bring to a boil. Sprinkle rice over ingredients, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
2. Sprinkle broccoli, peas, tomatoes, and olives over rice. Cover, and cook paella 8 minutes, or until rice is tender. Remove from heat, and let rest, covered, 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To serve, spoon paella into 6 bowls, and garnish each with lemon wedges and parsley.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 211
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 170 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g