Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A cousin of pasta e fagioli, this cozy soup features chickpeas instead of white beans.
1. Heat oil in large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and rosemary sprigs, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until onion has softened.
2. Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, and season with salt, if desired. Sauté 3 to 5 minutes. Remove rosemary sprigs.
3. Add chickpeas, and slightly mash with fork or potato masher to thicken soup.
4. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Add pasta, and cook 1 minute less than package directions suggest. 5. Season soup with salt, if desired, and pepper. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. Parmesan and 1 tsp. basil.
- Calories 160
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 4 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 545 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g