The best guacamole keeps it simple: ripe avocados, salt, lime, garlic, onions, chiles, cilantro, and some chopped tomato. Serve it as a dip at your next party or spoon it on top of tacos for an easy dinner upgrade.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Serve this flavor-packed dip with your favorite tortilla chips.
- 5 avocados, halved and pitted
- 5 green onions, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. lime juice, or more to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (1 1⁄2 Tbs.)
- 1 cup pear or grape tomatoes, halved
- Scoop avocado flesh into medium bowl. Add green onions, cilantro, serrano chiles, lime juice, and garlic, and mix together with knife. Stir in tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serving Size per 2-tbs serving
- Calories 53
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g