Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Harissa and tabil, the two cornerstone seasonings of Tunisian cooking, spice up a colorful entrée of roasted vegetables and pistachio-laced couscous. (To mix up your own tabil, go to https://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/tabil/) Feel free to substitute other seasonal vegetables (e.g., cauliflower, winter squash, and even root vegetables such as turnips, parsnips, or celery root) for the zucchini throughout the year.
1. To make Vegetables: Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss zucchini, bell peppers, onion, and oil in large bowl. Transfer to baking sheet, spread in single layer, and roast 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are browned and tender, turning occasionally. Transfer to bowl, and toss with vinegar, mint, harissa, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Meanwhile, to make Vinaigrette: Place all ingredients in blender or food processor; blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To make Couscous: Bring broth and tabil to a boil in large saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 to 8 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork, and fold in pistachios. Serve Vegetables over Couscous, with Vinaigrette on the side.
- Calories 441
- Carbohydrate Content 63 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 241 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g