Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Cured ham wrapped around chunks of melon is a tapas staple in Spain. Here grilled eggplant offers a smoky contrast to fresh cantaloupe.
1. Quarter eggplant lengthwise, and slice into 24 long, very thin strips using mandoline or sharp vegetable peeler.
2. Whisk together oil, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, paprika, cumin, and salt in 9-inch square baking dish. Add eggplant strips, and let marinate 10 minutes.
3. Heat gas grill to high. Grill eggplant strips 2 minutes per side, or until strips are very tender and have pronounced grill marks.
4. Wrap 1 strip grilled eggplant around each melon chunk, and secure with toothpick.
- Calories 23
- Carbohydrate Content 3 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 122 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g