Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Roasting vegetables in the oven takes fewer than 20 minutes and yields hearty sandwich fillings.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread squash, eggplant, onion, and mushrooms in single layer on 2 baking sheets, and spray with cooking spray. Roast 15 to 18 minutes, or until tender.
2. Place roasted red peppers, almonds, vinegar, and garlic in bowl of food processor. Purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Mash goat cheese and basil in bowl.
4. Spread bottom halves of rolls with goat cheese mixture. Top each with lettuce leaf. Divide vegetables over lettuce. Spread roasted red pepper mixture on top halves of rolls, and press together to adhere.
- Calories 438
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6.5 g
- Sodium Content 828 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g