Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Incorporating a new recipe at every meal is a challenge Sharman Schubert made these fritters when trying to re-create a meal she had on a trip to Antigua. 3rd Place, 2006 recipe contest.
1. To make Peach Salsa: Combine all ingredients in bowl.
2. To make Lime Sauce: Combine all ingredients in bowl.
3. To make Fritters: Mash together sweet potatoes, onion, bell pepper, breadcrumbs, egg, thyme, and pepper in bowl. Shape into 3-inch patties.
4. Heat 2 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium heat. Fry patties 4 minutes on each side, or until brown, using more oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Peach Salsa and Lime Sauce.
- Calories 347
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 56 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 308 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g