Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Isadora Lassance, also known as Izzy, is the passionate recipe developer, photographer, and writer behind the blog She Likes Food (shelikesfood.com). Lassance loves to get creative with vegetarian recipes, like this one, that use whole foods.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make Sweet Potato Sushi: Cook rice according to package directions. Place sweet potato on large cookie sheet, toss with oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast sweet potatoes 30 to 35 minutes,
until tender and starting to brown.
- To make Dressing: Whisk together ginger, garlic, tamari, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar, chile sauce, and 3 Tbs. water in small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Fill each of four bowls with 1 cup rice, 1/3 cup roasted sweet potatoes, one-quarter of avocado, 1/4 cup each cucumber, carrot, and seaweed strips. Top each with 1 tsp. sesame seeds. Drizzle with Dressing, and top with wasabi paste and pickled ginger, if using.
- Calories 455
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 491 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g