Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Anjali Lalani, of San Diego, created this curry based on one of her mom’s recipes. Lalani suggests serving it with rice or naan.
1. To make Curry Sauce: Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger, and sauté 30 seconds. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes more. Add tomatoes, and cook, stirring frequently, 10 minutes. Transfer to blender, add yogurt and cashews, and purée until smooth. Return sauce to saucepan, and heat over medium-low heat. Add turmeric and garam masala (if using), and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and cook 20 to 30 minutes, or until thickened.
2. Meanwhile, to make Tofu and Vegetables: Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden-brown. Transfer to plate, and set aside. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in same skillet, add mushrooms, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Stir tofu, mushrooms, and peas into Curry Sauce; season with salt, if desired. Cook over low heat 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Calories 233
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 2 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 46 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g