Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Eggplant takes time to tenderize on the grill, but the results are worth it. Serve over orzo or tucked into warm pitas.
1. Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Mix yogurt with 1 tsp. garlic in bowl; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and remaining garlic in large bowl; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add eggplant and onion, and toss to coat.
4. Thread eggplant, onion, and olives onto 4 skewers. Grill skewers 6 minutes, flip skewers, cook 6 minutes more, then flip again, and cook 6 minutes more, or until eggplant is tender. Transfer to platter, drizzle with dressing, and serve with yogurt sauce.
- Calories 193
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0.5 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 198 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g