Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
A little flour and egg bind together grated vegetables to make satisfying patties. We’ve topped them with a summery relish, but you could easily substitute salsa or sautéed mushrooms.
1. To make Tomato-Corn Relish: Combine all ingredients in bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Rosti: Grate potatoes, carrots, and zucchini onto clean kitchen towel. Wrap towel around vegetables, and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Transfer vegetables to bowl, and stir in onion, flour, and garlic. Fold in eggs, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Spoon 2 Tbs. Rosti mixture for each patty, shaping with spoon to make patties. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bottoms are crisp. Carefully flip with spatula, and cook 2 minutes more, or until browned on both sides. Serve with Tomato-Corn Relish.
- Calories 328
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 105 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g