Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Baking za’atar onto flat bread is common in the Middle East. We took the idea and turned it into a goat cheese–tomato pizza.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Toss together sliced tomato and red onion in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Place lavash on baking sheets, and spread each with one-quarter of goat cheese. Sprinkle with za’atar, and drizzle with reserved tomato oil. Scatter tomato-onion mixture over lavash.
4. Bake 8 minutes, or until edges of lavash are crisp and brown and za’atar has deepened in color. Drizzle once more with tomato oil.
- Calories 276
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 455 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g