How to Slice and Dice an Onion Like a Pro
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Onion might be the hardest working vegetable in your kitchen. You probably use it almost every day to add pungent flavor and sweet caramelized goodness to a variety of dishes, from stir-frys to soup to pasta sauce to your morning frittata.
Need inspiration to add more onion to your life? Onions are packed with allicin, flavonoids and antioxidants that can reduce inflammation, promote a healthy heart and may even reduce your risk of cancer. So, isn’t it time you learned how to quickly and safely slice and dice one?
Go to plant-based cooking school from the comfort of your own home! Join Chef James Smith for Clean Eating 101: Intro to Clean Vegetarian Cooking & Nutrition.
Try out your new technique with some vegetarian recipes from our sister site, Clean Eating, featuring onions:
- Five-Onion Soup with Scallion Crostini
- Broccoli & Spring Onion Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Cabbage & Parsnips with Tarragon Confetti
- Chipotle Tomato Soup with Crispy Quinoa Topping
- Black-Eyed Pea & Onion Fritter
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Caramelized Onions & Goat Cheese
Find more onion recipes here.