Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta
Talk about a fusion of world cuisines! Cubes of avocado are folded into chimichurri—an Argentinean sauce made of chopped parsley, cilantro, garlic, vinegar, and oil—to create a Latin variation on bruschetta, a classic Italian starter.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 6 1/2-inch-thick slices whole-grain or ciabatta bread, toasted
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, oregano, and black pepper in small bowl.
- Whisk in oil, then stir in cilantro and parsley.
- Fold in avocado cubes. Spoon avocado mixture onto toast slices, and serve.
- Calories 247
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17.5 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 431 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g