Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Layers of sautéed leeks lend a milder, sweeter flavor than onions to this hearty gratin. Just add a salad to make it a meal.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat 10-inch round casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, garlic, and 11/2 Tbs. rosemary; sauté 8 minutes, or until softened. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Arrange one-third sweet potato slices over bottom of prepared casserole, overlapping slightly. Spread half of leek mixture on top. Arrange another one-third sweet potato slices over leeks; top with remaining leeks, followed by remaining sweet potatoes. Drizzle broth over top, cover pan with foil, and bake 35 minutes.
3. Stir together breadcrumbs, remaining 11/2 tsp. oil, and remaining 11/2 Tbs. rosemary in small bowl. Remove foil from gratin, and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are browned and crisp. Let gratin cool slightly before cutting into 8 wedges.
- Calories 143
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 111 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g