Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Glass noodles, also called bean threads, are made from mung bean flour and have a delightfully bouncy texture. They can be found at any Asian market or well-stocked grocery store.
1. Cook bean threads 1 minute less than recommended in package directions. Drain, and rinse with cold water until cool. Set aside.
2. Whisk together soy sauce and oyster sauce in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat wok over high heat, until water droplets evaporate within 1 second of hitting pan. Add canola oil, swirl to coat wok, then add garlic; stir-fry 1 minute, or until golden. Add mushrooms and seitan, and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned. Stir in broccolini and soy–oyster sauce mixture; cover pan, cook 1 minute, then stir, cover pan, and cook 1 minute more, or until broccolini is crisp-tender. Stir in bean threads. Remove pan from heat, and sprinkle with sesame oil, green onions, and cilantro.
- Calories 426
- Carbohydrate Content 63 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 384 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g