Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Frozen collards (or substitute frozen spinach) are an easy way to get greens into a frittata. For zing, drizzle frittata wedges with hot sauce or barbecue sauce.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Heat oil in ovenproof 10- to 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until translucent. Push onion to one side of pan, and add collard greens. Cook 5 minutes, then stir together greens and onions.
3. Stir eggs into collard mixture. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until edges are set. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
4. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake 10 minutes, or until egg mixture is completely set. Cut into 6 wedges.
- Calories 190
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 314 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g