Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
30 minutes or fewer
For an appetizer, cut the wraps into 1-inch pinwheels.
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Brush eggplant slices on both sides with oil and arange in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turning slices over halfway through, so they brown on both sides.
2. Split each pita in half, forming 8 rounds. Spread hummus on each pita round, leaving 1-inch border around the edges. Divide eggplant among pitas; top with lettuce. Roll sandwich tightly, but not so tight that filling spills out. Wrap each roll in waxed paper, twisting ends to hold together. (Can be made 4 hours ahead and refrigerated.)
3. Just before eating, cut wraps in half diagonally with serrated knife and serve still in waxed paper.
- Calories 404
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 531 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g