Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
“I didn’t used to like kale, but after learning about its health benefits, I decided to create a way to like it,” says Elisabeth Redman, a Czech expat and food blogger (czechvegan.blogspot.com). “I like to refrigerate the salad before eating it so the flavors can fully develop, but sometimes I cannot wait and eat it freshly made!”
1. Whisk tahini with 5 Tbs. water in small bowl until smooth. Stir in nutritional yeast and garlic.
2. Place kale in large bowl, and rub in tahini dressing until each leaf is coated. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Chill 1 hour, or overnight.
3. Prepare Crispy Chick’n according to package directions. Serve over kale.
- Calories 261
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 292 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g