Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Preparing these before you hit the road turns travel time into marinating time.
1. To make Tofu Steaks: Place tofu between two cutting boards, and top with heavy pot or several cans to press out liquid. Drain 1 hour, then pat dry. Cut tofu blocks lengthwise into 4 slices.
2. Combine soy sauce, sherry, hoisin sauce, ginger, orange juice concentrate, sesame oil, and chili-garlic sauce in container. Add tofu, and toss to coat. Refrigerate 3 hours, or up to 2 days.
3. To make Veggie Kabobs: Oil grill grates and preheat grill to medium. Thread all vegetables onto skewers, and brush with oil. Grill onions and mushrooms 15 minutes, and snap peas 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, drain Tofu Steaks, reserving marinade. Grill 8 minutes, or until browned and crispy.
5. Heat reserved marinade in small saucepan until simmering. Pour over tofu steaks, and serve.
- Calories 229
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 770 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g