Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
The inspiration for this recipe came from Chance Genovese’s Italian heritage. “I wanted a dish that used traditional ingredients of Italy but were easily found at the local market,” says Genovese, who adopted a meat-free diet at a very young age. “Above all, I knew the dish had to be easy to prepare in the chaos of a holiday celebration.”
1. To make Mushrooms: Preheat oven to 375ºF. Whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic in bowl. Brush mushroom caps with oil mixture, and place on baking sheet. Roast 30 minutes, or until tender. Drain on paper-towel-lined plate.
2. To make Filling: Toast breadcrumbs on baking sheet 2 to 3 minutes, or until light brown. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until soft. Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in cream, and cook 2 minutes. Add spinach, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Stir in cheeses, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon Filling into mushroom caps, and top with toasted breadcrumbs.
- Calories 348
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 48 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 229 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g